Implementation Specialist Job Description
We’re looking for skilled Implementation Specialists to join our team. You’ll be presented with unique challenges to solve in the healthcare industry that goes beyond the traditional view of “digital transformation.”
The right candidate has a solid understanding of the hospital/vendor relationships for contracting and supply chain. Specifically, you understand how hospitals and/or vendors work together to ensure products are available when they’re needed, how pricing works, and what is included in these agreements. Working experience with Orthopedic, Cath Lab, or Cardiac pricing or the bill-only/physician preference item process is required.
In a nutshell, you’ll be on the front lines of implementing a digital platform connecting hospitals and their suppliers. This requires implementation projection management, identifying the correct stakeholders, developing relationships, and gathering the business requirements for accurate implementation. You will work on-site and virtually with hospitals and/or suppliers, collect all the requirements from departments, stakeholders, and users, provide user training, and coordinate Go-Live. Clear, concise communication, problem-solving, and time management are requirements for success. This is a cross-functional role, where you will be working closely with implementation, sales, and customer service teams.
Implementation Specialists should expect to travel within the United States up to 85% of the time. You must have a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, the ability to maintain auto insurance coverage, and the ability to rent a car. You must be able to obtain credentialing with the major vendor credentialing systems at a hospital and pass a background check.
Knowledge, Experience, and Skills
The capacity to learn quickly is important and for that, a strong clinical background or experience with hospital and/or supplier-hospital purchasing will help a great deal.
Knowledge & Experience
- Clinical, purchasing, procurement, or contracting knowledge and experience (hospital, vendor, or GPO)
- Bill-only or physician preference item experience
- 2+ years of professional experience working with hospitals or vendors
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to translate process and information collected into technical requirements
- Ability to work well on various teams with different people and roles.
- Ability to take extreme ownership over your work. Every day is a challenge to ensure you are performing to the expectations you and your team have agreed upon, both in regards to estimates and to the general process.
- Ability to identify with the company goals and dedicate yourself to delivering on the commitments you and your team make – and understanding and communicating when it’s important to shift priorities.
- A positive mindset and can-do attitude.
- Forensic attention to detail.
- STRONG written and oral communication skills.
- You work well within a team environment and enjoy working in the office with your colleagues.
- You keep abreast of current trends/changes related to technology within healthcare.
Job Type: Full-time, On-site when not travelling, Salaried